11 August 2013

Angry, surprised and disappointed

That's how I felt about the World Championships selections this year. The first time since my debut in 2004 that I have not been selected for an international race that I wanted to run. I didn't have my greatest spring, but I felt that I was in good enough shape to be selected, and to race well in at least the middle and relay. However, the selectors felt otherwise, and so I was left a spectator. In retrospect, I probably wouldn't have chosen to stay in Finland and watch the races, but I wanted to support my girlfriend, and to be perfectly honest - I didn't have anywhere else to go! It was also great to see the super-sprint day for GB.

5 comments:

Alistair said...

Do the same people write BOF selection rules and WOC qualification rules? ;-P

Owen said...

It does seems crazy that selection for the performance squad is based entirely on your WOC result. Is there no chance of being joining the squad based on your performance in the coming year?

G said...

Hopefully they will find a way to let me stay in the squad!

riinu said...

I feel for you GG and I know it sucks (been there) but you can still make the results and to the team next year! And you've got a good club to train with. Good luck!

neilo said...

Join our squad instead. Application is easy, just sign a piece of paper committing your life to an Irish girl and you're in.